Tuesday, March 6, 2007

For your eyes only

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Sorry I haven’t been blogging. I contracted conjunctivitis.

I was on medical leave for the whole of last week. Conjunctivitis is contagious. I got it from my nephew. I passed it on back to her mom, who passed it on to her sister, who passed it on to her husband, who passed it on to his daughter, and God knows to whom it will go from there.

It started on Friday night (2 June) when all my children were recovering from eye infection, courtesy of breast milk (the recovering, NOT the infection). I felt an itch in my left eye, but never suspected anything. So it was business as usual as I scratched to find a loose eyelash, except this time, I could not find any. Nevertheless, scratching was irresistible, and the sensation I felt after getting rid of the itch was orgasmic. What a quickie relief!

First lesson learned – Don’t go for a quickie relief every time you feel an itch!

The real aftermath, of course, was when I woke up on Saturday to find my left eye swollen with vengeful virus. Oh well, if breast milk worked on my children, it should work on me. Or so I thought! I woke up on Sunday with both eyes bloody, and with one bigger than the other. My right eye looked like I just swapped with Garfied’s infamous half-open, and my left eye looked like Kermit the Frog’s. For once, I really believed that I look like Keanu Reeves with a plastic surgery gone horribly wrong!

Second lesson learned – What’s good for children may not necessarily be good for adults, shampoo included!

The doc gave me no oral antibiotics for my infection. Only eyedrops. Which apparently not only drops into my eyes, but internally into my nostril and eventually into my throat. If you think bitter gourd was God of all bitterness, then the eyedrop must be one bitchy bitter goddess.

Hope you guys had a better week!

No comments: