Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Why I don't want to start a business

Starting a business…now THAT’s an attractive proposal. No boss. No official work time. No stress.

It crossed your mind too at one time. No? Don’t lie. I know. Because you see, when it comes to waging war, we all think the same. Business is like our armpits. Doesn’t matter what gender or race we are, the time when they smell bad, we all stink EXACTLY the same. Nobody produces a different smell.

You can give many reasons to start a business – more time with family, more flexible hours, more money etc. When I want to start a business, it’s always about passion. The thrill of living comes from passion. For example, I have passion for cars. And so it occurred to me to open up a shop/showroom to sell cars or car accessories or die-cast cars or anything and everything car. I also have passion for good books written by great writers. And so it occurred to me to set up a bookstore.

But what stopped me from pursuing my business? Money. Not for capital. But how much I would make. I might enjoy having my own business. I just don’t want money-managing gets in the way. It would spoil my enjoyment. So I’d rather work and earn my wage, and only care about how I’d spend it.

So starting a business isn’t always about the money. Not starting a business is.

No comments: