Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Goodbye stress!


It's been a long day at work. Frustrations, irritations and vexations have been the predominant themes. And now you have to wait for a bus, squash onto a train or sit in a traffic jam. A bad day just got worse. Alternatively, imagine at the end of the same stressful shift, unlocking your bike and riding away. You're in charge of your own commute. The exercise burns off any negative emotions and it counts towards the 30 minutes a day activity target recommended by health experts. You even save money. You're free.

Well, that's exactly what I did on 6 February 2007. I cycled to work!

No one thought it was possible considering the distance and the wild Malaysian weather. But I did it!

What I found amusing about it was that it usually takes me 1 hour to drive to work due to traffic, but it takes me 1 hour 10 minutes to cycle! I might as well cycle!

Goodbye traffic jams & high petrol price!

No comments: